Welcome to the Blount family web site.
For more information on the Park City 5, go to www.parkcity5.com.
Many of us have looked to the web for information on Blount Family history and genealogy. The following information and links are a collection of what we have found and what others have sent us after visiting our web site. If you know of any other Blount Family genealogy and history, comment here!
Blount Family Trivia
- The name Blount (Blunt) is of French origin. Refers to fair hair or complexion.
- Some people have traced the Blount ancestry back to Charlemagne.
- In the 11th century The Count of Guinis from France had two sons. According to reports, both sons came to England with William The Conqueror. The sons were Sir Robert Blount and Sir William Le Blount.
- In 1635, a William Blount settled at Andover, Massachusetts.
- On Oct. 2, 1679, George Blunt left England bound for New York, on the ship Lixboa Merchitt, commanded by Roger Whitfield.
- In 1681, a Samuel Blount settled at Charlestown, Mass.
Important Blounts in History Read the rest of this entry
Read the rest of this entry
The Blount family, together with the University of Kentucky has established the Connie Blount Memorial Fund, benefitting Equestrian majors. Your donations in memory of Connie will be gratefully accepted and appreciated. If you would like to make a donation, please make the check out to “The University of Kentucky”, and write “Connie Blount Memorial Fund” in the memo line. Send checks to:
Director of Development
Office for Advancement
1451 University Drive
Lexington, KY 40546-0097
If you need more information, please contact Marci Hicks at (859) 257-7200, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.